Sunday 12 April 2015

Divine Mercy Sunday

DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY AT ST. MARY’S RIPON STREET by Melvyn Brown





The greatest moment in modern Catholicism is the first Sunday after Easter when we celebrate, as Jesus wanted, the Feast of Divine Mercy. A new path has been shown to us for an abundant Christian life. This morning at St. Mary's Church, Ripon Street, I noticed the beautiful side altar decoration with the image of Divine Mercy. The icon of Jesus was prominently featured in the church, compelling every devotee and the faithful feel the Lord’s Presence. 
We are called to be holy and holiness is what we strive to achieve. Today, many in the congregation seemed to understand the singleness of God’s purpose for all mankind: to spread His Message of Divine Mercy as told to St. Faustina, to say the Chaplet of Mercy, the 3 O’Clock prayer and to make the Novena, especially for sinners. 
I was inspired to compose a Prayer for Divine Mercy. 
“God of Mercy and compassion I turn to you in trust and with confidence, that only you can understand the pain I endure, the fear I live with, the agony of my weak spirit. Forgive me my sins, Lord Jesus, heal the wounds I bear. ( state your intention). 
Make me a true and faithful believer in Your trust, for Your Divine Mercy. One God in Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, world without end. Amen.  (say 3 Our Father. 3 Hail Mary. 3 Glory be.) 
               


Chapel of Divine Mercy
3, Elliot Road, Calcutta - 700016

***********************************************************************************************************

Video: Movie about St. Faustina

APOSTLE OF DIVINE MERCY




http://www.ignatius.com/Products/FAU2-M/faustina-the-apostle-of-divine-mercy.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment